Department of Psychology Sneak Peek Program
The Psychology Sneak Peek is a great opportunity for traditionally underrepresented students considering a PhD in psychology to attend a preview weekend at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL!
Participating students will have the opportunity to visit Northwestern’s Department of Psychology, interact with faculty members and graduate students, and meet peers interested in pursuing graduate education in psychology.
Please check back for forthcoming details on the 2021 Sneak Peek Program, including information about how to apply.
Visit expenses, including travel, lodging, and meals, will be provided.
This event will offer a variety of activities that are designed to introduce attendees to Northwestern’s top tier psychology program and to graduate education more broadly.
Meet with Faculty Members from the Department of Psychology
Visitors will have the opportunity to meet faculty members from the department and attend group sessions with faculty who conduct research in their field of interest:
- Brain, Behavior, and Cognition
- Personality, Development and Health
Learn What Grad School is Really Like
There will be a number of opportunities for attendees to meet and socialize with Northwestern psychology graduate students. Formal panels will include information on applying to PhD programs and the graduate school experience.
Hear About the Cutting Edge Research Being Conducted at Northwestern
Faculty members and graduate students will present new and exciting research that is currently being conducted in the Department of Psychology.
Learn About Northwestern’s Diversity and Inclusion Resources
The Graduate School's (TGS) Office of Diversity and Inclusion will provide helpful information on student programming and resources available on campus.
Explore Evanston and Chicago!
Social events will be scheduled in Evanston and Chicago so that visitors can enjoy some of the many features these vibrant cities have to offer.
How to Apply
Applicants should be…
- Interested in applying for graduate study in psychology in Fall 2020 (i.e., starting graduate school in Fall 2021--both current students and students who have already graduated are eligible to apply).
- From a traditionally underrepresented group (e.g., racial/ethnic minority, LGBTQ, first-generation college student).
The most competitive applicants will have…
- A strong academic record (overall GPA of 3.2, major GPA of 3.4)
- An interest and background in psychology
- Thoughtful responses to our essay questions
To access the online application, please click here!
Please direct any questions to Ivan A. Hernandez at visitNUpsych@gmail.com.Back to top