Skip to main content

Declare a Major or Minor

To learn more about majoring or minoring in psychology or about the courses we offer, contact the Undergraduate Program Assistant in the main psychology department office (Swift Hall 102, phone 847-491-5190). She can answer questions you might have and can also set up an appointment for you with a psychology adviser. You can also make an appointment with an adviser by by emailing

Steps for Declaring a Major or Minor

  1. Complete either a major declaration form or a minor declaration form.
  2. Email your completed form to  We will then complete the department portions of the form and send it to the Weinberg College Office of Undergraduate Studies and Advising.  
  3. When the department receives your form, we will contact you to set up a meeting with one of our department advisers.  This advising meeting is the final step in finalizing your declaration of the major or minor.

Students who successfully complete all requirements for the major will earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.