Major and Minor Requirements
Psychology majors and minors take a common core of courses providing a general introduction to the field and an understanding of research techniques:
- PSYCH 110- Introduction to Psychology
- PSYCH 201- Statistical Methods in Psychology
- PSYCH 205- Research Methods in Psychology
They also take courses in two broad
- Personality, clinical and social psychology (also called "Column A" courses due to their position in our tables of requirements)
- Cognitive psychology and neuroscience (also called "Column B" courses)
- Cross-cutting/integrative (also called "Column C" courses)
Students who successfully complete all requirements for the major will earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.
For details, see the documents listed below. You can also contact the department office (Swift Hall 102, 847-491-5190) or e-mail email@example.com to set up an appointment with a department adviser.
- Major Requirements
- Minor Requirements
- Substitutions for PSYCH 201-Statistical Methods in Psychology
- Information from Northwestern's Undergraduate Catalog
Other Useful Links: