Skip to main content

Declare a Major or Minor

To learn more about majoring or minoring in psychology or about the courses we offer, contact the Undergraduate Program Assistant in the main psychology department office (Swift Hall 102, phone 847-491-5190). She can answer questions you might have and can also set up an appointment for you with a psychology adviser. You can also make an appointment with an adviser by by emailing

Steps for Declaring a Major or Minor

  1. Complete a declaration form in the psychology department office, Swift Hall 102. You will receive a packet of information about the department and our major/minor.
  2. When you complete the form, you must also set up an appointment with an undergraduate adviser for an orientation to the department and to discuss requirements and explore course options. Office staff will help you set up this appointment.
  3. Take one copy of your declaration form to the Weinberg College Office of Undergraduate Studies and Advising, 1922 Sheridan Road.

Students who successfully complete all requirements for the major will earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.

Back to top